We are looking for beta testers to help release our next big update. Candidates must be willing to dedicate some time installing the app, using it with their favorite websites, and report any problems they can find.
All experienced iPad, iPhone or iPod touch users are welcome, including current Offline Pages users. Beta program is not limited to newest iOS devices. In fact, we need owners of previous generation devices too to verify backward compatibility.
Interested? Please apply by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are making our Offline Pages apps free for the week to help East Coast deal with widespread network outages caused by Hurricain Sandy.
Install Standard version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offline-pages-offline-web/id364859644?mt=8
Install Pro version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offline-pages-pro-offline/id391462107?mt=8
Offline Pages 1.5 has been approved and now available for immediate free upgrade.
New features in this version:
- Now you can save HTML5 videos embedded in the page.1 2
- Scheduling automatic updates to specific times of the day. For example, to get fresh news in the morning, create the scheduled update at 6AM and leave the app running overnight. Easy!
- Some new fine-tuning options for saving pages:
- User-Agent option allows to choose between mobile, desktop, and tablet presentations of the page.
- Many bug fixes and tons of hidden improvements across the board: better algorithms for updating pages, support for Lightbox galleries, direct import of PDF or Office documents from e-mail or Safari, etc.
To install the update now, launch App Store app on your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch and go to Updates tab.
1) Video download mode is disabled by default to save your traffic. To activate video download mode, look for Advanced button when saving a page.
2) Unfortunately, videos have to be in formats natively supported by iOS. YouTube or other Flash video will not be saved.
NEW (RECOMMENDED) METHOD:
To install beta build on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4, please click this link:
You will be prompted to install TestFlight home screen shortcut and provisioning profile, which is required. If your device is not running iOS 4 or if you don’t want to use TestFlight installation method, please use old method below.
To install beta build on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, please follow these steps:
1) Connect device to your computer and launch iTunes
2) Download the provisioning profile and drag and drop it to iTunes library:
3) Download the app, unzip, drag and drop it to iTunes library:
Attention PC users: if you cannot drop the app to iTunes library on Windows, use this file instead:
http://offlinepages.s3.amazonaws.com/OfflinePages_141_PC.zip (Windows only)
4) Sync the device.
Beta version of Offline Pages is now installed on your device. You can verify the version by checking it in Settings. Correct version is 1.4.1 PRO. In return for using this beta build, we kindly ask you to provide app feedback. Report any bugs or issues with the app by sending us message on twitter @offlinepages or by e-mail email@example.com.
New version is Universal app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It is free to anyone who ever purchased Offline Pages before. It supports beautiful Retina displays and adds ability to save pages on multiple devices using a bookmarklet.
We are looking for dedicated beta testers to test run Offline Pages 1.3 on iPhone and iPod touch. The new app offers the same features as the iPad version, in a smaller package. It is a universal app and it will be free to install for current iPad users.
Candidate requirements are:
- should own iPhone or iPod touch with iOS version 3.0 or newer,
- willing to share your thoughts and critique,
- previous beta testing experience is a plus,
- current users of Offline Pages for iPad are especially welcome.
At the end of the program, we will offer promo codes ($9.99 value) to each participant to install the final Pro version from US app store.
Your task as beta tester will be to install the app, use it on daily basis and report any bugs or anomalies found. To enlist to beta program, please send your name and UDID (see below) of your iPhone or iPod touch to firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter @offlinepages. We will use this information to generate beta build and send you setup instructions.
(To find UDID – which is short for Unique Device ID, – connect your device to the computer and launch iTunes. Click on device name in the left pane. In the Summary page, find entry for device serial number and click on it. UDID field will be exposed. You can now press Cmd+C to copy it to clipboard.)
Any questions? Please email us.
We just released new and improved Offline Pages bookmarklet. The new version offers much better user experience in iPad Safari, as well as other browsers. To upgrade, first remove any previous version from your browser, then touch Settings button in the Offline Pages app. In General section, touch Install Bookmarklet, and follow the instructions.
To install the bookmarklet on your PC or Mac computer, click here instead.
Offline Pages 1.1 has been approved and is available for immediate upgrade.
Offline Pages 1.1 is almost ready and we plan to submit it to App Store reviewers early next week. The new version features numerous improvements and bug fixes, including optional in-app upgrade to Offline Pages Pro.
Here’s the quick list of improvements in 1.1:
- It restores position in page when you relaunch the app.
- It allows editing titles of saved pages.
- It allows manual refresh of saved pages.
- It displays how much memory is consumed by each page and when it was last retrieved from server (important for 16GB iPads).
- Better support for website passwords and secure HTTP protocol.
- Many bugs fixed.
Optional in-app upgrade to Offline Pages Pro offers additional functionality:
- It allows easy organization of saved pages using tags or labels.
- It marks pages as read automatically or manually, so you don’t have to stumble upon articles you have read already.
- Optionally, it can hide pages marked as read to reduce clutter.
- Automatic refresh of saved pages with customizable schedule.
There is still time left to participate in beta testing! If you want to try the new features today and get free Pro upgrade, contact us at Twitter @offlinepages or by e-mail email@example.com.